Photo Submission Guidelines & Criteria
We accept both CAT and DOG Photos year round!
There is no firm photo submission deadline. However for the following year's calendar, we usually consider photos received as late as March or April. We try to use a combination of the best and most recent pictures.
Photos are in high demand with year-round calendar development at Cat Lovers Calendar (CLC), so we are constantly sourcing new photographs. Photos may be used in a number of ways: on our wall calendars, in our REBELCal iPhone app, and/or directly on the CLC website.
With the advent of high resolution photography at your fingertips with your mobile phone, we know that you will be tempted to share every picture of your favorite friend. But don't get carried away without thoroughly reading the following sections first:
- Photo Guidelines
- Picture Name Structure
- Photo Training & Image Quality Standards
- CLC Photo Release Policy
Once calendar development for the year has been completed, notifications will be sent to all winners that their photo was selected for one of our calendars.
A complimentary calendar will be sent to each pet owner for the calendar in which their pet was featured. Since you may want to share your pet's new fame with your family and friends, we'll also send you an option to purchase additional calendars at a significant discount.
- Photos may ONLY be submitted via this on-line process.
- Photos are not accepted by mail.
- LANDSCAPE orientation photos are used for our print calendars.
- PORTRAIT orientation photos are DISCOURAGED.
File size for print calendars MUST be a MINIMUM of 1MB (1000kb) to accommodate enlargement to wall calendar size.
- Photos are accepted all year.
- Only TWO photos, PER PET will be accepted per calendar submission year
- Photos of multiple cats or dogs in one photo is acceptable.
- Black and white photos will continue to be used on the CLAB Classic calendar, though PLEASE submit ONLY color photos. Our expert design team will make the appropriate color changes to the selected photographs.
- Send original photo: no photo manipulations (our graphic artist will modify, as needed)
- Photo must be SHARP and IN FOCUS. PLEASE do not submit blurry photos - they will be AUTOMATICALLY rejected, no matter how adorable.
- Properly 'set the scene' for the photo, as its 'story' is very important.
- Think about submitting photos for different seasons of the year
- Only QUALITY photos will be published - see the Photo Training and Image Quality Standards section below.
- All photographs MUST be taken by you (or your friend/relative) and the subject of the photo MUST be your pet.
See these EXAMPLES of pictures that have good composition and high quality.
Photo Training and Image Quality Standards
Instead of reinventing the wheel, CLC found an outstanding site - Pixabay, a Creative Commons site for shared images - that clearly defines high quality standards for photos.
The topics to pay special attention to on the Pixabay link below are:
- Image Dimension
- Copyright and Duplicates
- Focus and Blurring
- Light and Colors
- Image Manipulations
- Noise and JPEG Compression Artifacts
- Image Hygiene and Composition
- Tilted and Crooked Images
To submit your photo, please complete the form below:
The form will walk you through a number of steps to collect information about you and the photo and the release information. Please use our contact form to let us know if the form is not functioning correctly.