Photo Submission Guidelines & Criteria
We accept both CAT and DOG Photos year round!
There is no firm photo submission deadline. However for the following year's calendar, we usually consider photos received as late as March or April. We try to use a combination of the best and most recent pictures.
Photos are in high demand with year-round calendar development at Cat Lovers Calendar (CLC), so we are constantly sourcing new photographs. Photos may be used on our wall calendars and/or directly on the CLC website.
With the advent of high resolution photography at your fingertips with your mobile phone, we know that you will be tempted to share every picture of your favorite friend. But don't get carried away without thoroughly reading the following sections first:
- Photo Guidelines
- Photo Training & Image Quality Standards
- CLC Photo Release Policy
Once calendar development for the year has been completed, notifications will be sent to all winners that their photo was selected for one of our calendars.
A complimentary calendar (free with shipping) is available to each pet owner for the calendar in which their pet was featured.* Since you may want to share your pet's new fame with your family and friends, we'll also send you an option to purchase additional calendars.
*We send a notice to the email address on record but have found that many do not respond -- please check back in November to see if your animal friend has been included.
- Photos may ONLY be submitted via this on-line process.
- Photos are not accepted by mail.
- LANDSCAPE orientation photos are used for our print calendars.
- PORTRAIT orientation photos are DISCOURAGED.
File size for print calendars MUST be a MINIMUM of 1MB (1000kb) to accommodate enlargement to wall calendar size.
- Photos are accepted all year.
- Photos of multiple cats or dogs in one photo is acceptable.
- Black and white photos will continue to be used on the CLAB Classic calendar, but PLEASE submit ONLY color photos. Our expert design team will make the appropriate color changes to the selected photographs.
- Upload the original photo: no photo manipulations and no screenshots (our graphic artist will modify, as needed)
- Photo must be SHARP and IN FOCUS. PLEASE do not submit blurry photos - they will be AUTOMATICALLY rejected, no matter how adorable.
- Properly 'set the scene' for the photo, as its 'story' is very important.
- Think about submitting photos for different seasons of the year
- Only QUALITY photos will be published - see the Photo Training and Image Quality Standards section below.
- All photographs MUST be taken by you (or your friend/relative) and the subject of the photo MUST be your pet.
Photo Training and Image Quality Standards
Instead of reinventing the wheel, CLC found an outstanding site - Pixabay, a Creative Commons site for shared images - that clearly defines high quality standards for photos.
Following is a link to a slideshow of photo submission guidelines used by Pixabay:
To submit your photo, please complete the form below:
The form will walk you through a number of steps to collect information about you and the photo and the release information. Please use our contact form to let us know if the form is not functioning correctly. Also please indicate, in the comments, your affiliation with the peace and social justice movement, if any.
NOTE: Canine pictures are still in high demand and good pictures have a high likelihood of being used.